How can I have my connection automatically disconnect after I close Netscape?
Modify your Windows Registry as follows:
Warning: Please back up (make a copy of) your registry before making any
- Click the Start button and select Run.
- Type regedit.
- Double-click HKey_Current_User and then Software, Netscape,
Netscape Navigator, Automation Shutdown.
- Click Edit and choose a new string value. For the name of this string,
and leave the value blank.
Launch Netscape and reconnect. Next time you close Netscape you should get a window
saying "There are open modem connections. Would you like to close them now?"
If you still do not get this window, go to
and download the autoclose.zip file. Unzip the file and do the following:
- Put the program Rasexit.exe in the C:\Windows\System folder.
- Double click the file Autoclose.reg.
- Go to your C:\Windows\System folder and double click Rasexit.exe.
- Close Rasexit.exe.
- Reboot your computer (This may not be necessary).